Careers: Appraisal Reviewer
Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be a builders most valued relationship. In 2021 originated over $2.2 Billion dollars in construction loans! Builders Capital is rapidly growing, and we are looking to add an Appraisal Reviewer with a sharp attention to detail.
Our willingness to think creatively with loan terms, aggressive rates, agile in-house servicing team, speed to fund, and technology help set us apart from others. As a result, builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender. Our loans help create quality housing in a market at a 5 million home deficit.
- Perform in-house valuations and due diligence analyses
- Analyze, evaluate, and assess collateral risk
- Ability to complete internal comp analysis on various properties across the country in conjunction with Credit Officers and members of Loan Review Committee
- Support Credit Officers concerning appraisal quality and value-related issues
- Work with Appraisal Vendors as well as sales representatives relating to value concerns
- Assist team in day-to-day escalations and valuation needs
- Review property rent rolls and operating statements, leases, contract of sales, deeds, taxes bills, surveys, and Certificate of occupancy to perform appraisal assignments
- Analysis of construction inspections in conjunction with budgets to ensure best possible comp selection for “as Is” condition of collateral and after repair condition
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an appraisal reviewer or review appraiser
- Working knowledge of real estate appraisals, including an understanding of the three generally accepted approaches to value (cost, market, and income approaches). This includes the ability to perform trend analyses on data relating to market conditions and real property
- Must have knowledge of building standards, appraisal methods, and research principles, methods, and techniques in relation to real property; land appraisal, and building cost estimating methods
- Handle multiple escalations and ability to make quick decisions to protect customer and company
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; develop alternative solutions for complex situations
- Strong ability to identify problem processes and suggest improvements
- Provide best-in-class service to borrowers from application through loan servicing. This includes timely and accurate processing of mortgage loans from application through loan closing and managing a portfolio of servicing customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP’s in Excel are a plus
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off – 3 weeks a year
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital puts $125 dollars a month into an HRA account for employee
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.