Careers: Closing Specialist
Apply here for the Closing Specialist role! Our Recruiting Manager will get back to you within 48 hours.
Builders Capital is looking for a Closing Specialist with sharp attention to detail to join our growing team. Builders Capital was founded in 2009 and is led by a team of forward-thinking Partners. The vision of Builders Capital is to fill a niche for builders and real estate investors and meet the growing need for private financing. We are the leading private equity lender in the Pacific Northwest, and we are expanding into new markets. Our loans help to create quality housing in our communities and we are a growing team passionate about the real estate industry.
- Minimum of 2-5 years lending experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with loan closing and funding.
- Previous experience in private, commercial or mortgage lending environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (via phone and E-mail) with the ability, desire and enjoyment in working with all stakeholders in a cooperative, professional, and friendly manner.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic fast paced environment while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Works as a team to manage a pipeline of loans in various stages of funding process.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- The primary responsibility for this production position is to ensure timely and accurate packaging of mortgage loans from approval through loan closing.
- Gathering documentation, data entry, review and validation of loan documentation, preparation of closing documents, and loan funding.
- Monitor pipeline reports to ensure key dates and timelines are met.
- Review required loan documentation for ‘red flags’ to be addressed.
- Communicate with Escrow, Loan Originators and Processors via telephone and email to answer questions, provide status, and closing time frame.
- Prepare Loan Terms summary for borrower confirmation.
- Draw closing documents per the Document Request form.
- Review preliminary HUD-1 Settlement Statement.
- Coordinate loan closing.
- Review executed loan documents.
- Clear closing conditions.
- Order and balance funding wire.
- Review title policies.
- Review final HUD-1 Settlement Statement.
- Clear post funding conditions.
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Competitive wage
- Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Paid Time Off – 3 weeks a year
- Paid Holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital contributes $125 dollars per month into an employee HRA
- 401(k) match
Builders-Capital is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process please contact Sean-Bobadilla@Builders-Capital.com