Careers: Closing Specialist
Learn more about the Closing Specialist role! Our Recruiting Manager will get back to you within 48 hours.
Builders Capital is looking for a Closing Specialist with a sharp attention to detail and a can-do attitude!
Builders Capital is revolutionizing the construction finance industry. Our team designs and executes financing solutions for builders and developers nationwide, supported by a proprietary technology platform that streamlines the entire relationship from application to funding requests to payoffs. The demand for our financing solutions has been steadily and rapidly increasing across the United States, and our team is growing to meet that demand. Our loans help to create quality housing within communities.
This position is to help ensure timely and accurate packaging of loans from approval through loan closing.
Day to Day:
- Pipeline management: Monitor pipeline reports to ensure key dates and timelines are met, review required loan documentation for ‘red flags’ to be addressed, communicate with Escrow, Loan Originators and Processors via telephone and email to answer questions, provide status, and closing timeframe.
- Prepare loan for closing – Prepare loan terms summary for borrower confirmation, draw closing documents per the document request form, review preliminary HUD-1 Settlement Statement, coordinate loan closing.
- Loan Funding: Review executed loan documents, clear closing conditions, order/balance funding wire.
- Post-closing: Review title policies, review final HUD-1 settlement statement, clear post funding conditions.
- Minimum of 2-5 years lending experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ loan closing and funding experience
- Previous experience in private or non-bank mortgage lending environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (via phone and E-mail) with the ability, desire and enjoyment in working with all stakeholders in a cooperative, professional, and friendly manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a dynamic fast paced environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Works as a team to manage a pipeline of loans in various stages of funding process
- Dependability and punctuality
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off – 3 weeks a year
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital puts $125 dollars a month into an HRA account for employee
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.