Careers: Credit Analyst
Apply here for the Credit Analyst role! Our Recruiting Manager will get back to you within 48 hours.
Builders Capital is looking for an adaptable Credit Analyst to join our growing team. Builders Capital was founded in 2009 and is led by a team of forward-thinking Partners. The vision of Builders Capital is to fill a niche for builders and real estate investors and meet the growing need for private financing. We are the leading private equity lender in the Pacific Northwest, and we are expanding into new markets. Our loans help to create quality housing in our communities and we are a growing team passionate about the real estate industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commercial Real Estate, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in commercial or residential mortgage experience, including appraisal, financial statement and tax return analysis, risk assessment and analysis, and processing of loans.
- Understanding of income property appraisal and cash flow methodology.
- An effective communicator (written and verbal) – clear, concise, concrete, correct, coherent, complete, and courteous.
- A self-starter with a strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and can work through any problems that might arise .
- A critical thinker that can work independently or as a team.
- Willing to assume duties and projects to further the goals of the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP’s in Excel are a plus.
- Daily duties of the Credit Analyst are to work closely with Loan Officers and Transaction Coordinators to analyze and underwrite loan originations for residential construction of single family, multifamily and small apartments complexes.
- Analyze income property loan requests, including collateral cash flow analysis and valuation, borrower financial statements and tax returns, and market analysis.
- Assist in complex financial analysis, accurate and timely market analysis, borrower’s financial and credit documentation.
- Analyze information such as property profiles, demographics, maps, and inspections.
- Perform underwriting analysis of credit profile, liquidity and project.
- Ensure each loan is accurate and complete according to investor requirements.
- Submit loans to Loan Committee via Loan Origination System, and/or present in live loan committee. Act as the point person in loan committee.
- Make underwriting decisions on the loans. Manage portfolio to keep default rates within allowable ranges per investor and company expectations.
- Clear closing conditions and communicate with Escrow, Loan Originators and Transaction Coordinators to provide status updates and closing timeframes.
- Coordinate loan closings/draw closing documents, review settlement statements, and order/balance funding wires.
- Review loan for red flags, requesting supporting documentation as needed.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, market changes and company policies.
- Participate in departmental policy and procedure revision and updates, as necessary.
- Assist administration team with special projects, other duties as assigned
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Competitive wages
- Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Paid Time Off – 3 weeks a year
- Paid Holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital contributes $125 dollars per month into an employee HRA
- 401(k) match
Builders-Capital is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process please contact Sean-Bobadilla@Builders-Capital.com