Careers: Credit Officer
Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be the Builder’s Most Valued Relationship. Our creative loan products and rates, agile in-house servicing team, and innovative technology help set us apart from others. Builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender, our financing for acquisition, development, and construction funds quality housing in a market facing a 5 million home deficit.
In 2021 originated over $2.2 Billion dollars in construction loans, to say we’re rapidly growing would be an understatement, we’re looking to add a Credit Officer to the team.
- Daily duties of the Credit Officer are to work closely with Loan Officers and Transaction Coordinators to analyze and underwrite loan originations of residential construction of single family, multifamily and small apartments complexes.
- Analyze income property loan requests, including collateral cash flow analysis and valuation, borrower financial statements and tax returns, and market analysis.
- Assist in complex financial analysis, accurate and timely market analysis, borrower’s financial and credit documentation.
- Analyze information such as property profiles, demographics, maps, and inspections.
- Perform underwriting analysis of credit profile, liquidity and project.
- Ensure each loan is accurate and complete according to investor requirements.
- Submit loans to Loan Committee via Loan Origination System, and/or present in live loan committee. Act as the point person in loan committee.
- Make underwriting decisions on the loans. Manage portfolio to keep default rates within allowable ranges per investor and company expectations.
- Clear closing conditions and communicate with Escrow, Loan Originators and Transaction Coordinators to provide status updates and closing time frames.
- Coordinate loan closings/draw closing documents, review settlement statements, and order/balance funding wires.
- Review loan for red flags, requesting supporting documentation as needed.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, market changes and company policies.
- Participate in departmental policy and procedure revision and updates, as necessary.
- Assist administration team with special projects, other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commercial Real Estate, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in commercial mortgage experience: underwriting, financial statement, tax return analysis, risk assessment and analysis, and processing of loans.
- Understanding of income property appraisal and cash flow methodology.
- An effective communicator (written and verbal) – clear, concise, concrete, correct, coherent, complete, and courteous
- A self-starter with a strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and can work through any problems that might arise
- A critical thinker that can work independently or as a team.
- Willing to assume duties and projects to further the goals of the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP’s in Excel are a plus.
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee medical insurance premiums
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off – 3 weeks a year
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital puts $125 dollars a month into an HRA account for employee
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time, exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.