Careers: Director of Sales
Apply here for the Director of Sales role! Our Recruiting Manager will get back to you within 48 hours.
Builders Capital is looking for a Director of Sales that can help us successfully penetrate new markets. Builders is the leading private equity lender in the Northwest, and rapidly expanding into new markets. We’ve been around since 2009 and provide a comprehensive range of loan programs for builders and developers. Last year alone we originated more than $620M worth of loans and our goal is to double that in the next year, our loans help to create quality housing within communities.
- 10+ years of private finance experience.
- Familiarity with all asset types and classes, bridge and construction lending as well as permanent mortgage finance.
- Deep understanding of the market and its key players/constituencies.
- Track record of being able to grow and develop new markets.
- Strong knowledge of commercial mortgage fundamentals, including how to screen and place various loan requests.
- Ability to build and lead a high performing team.
- Willingness to “do whatever needs to be done” to create a successful business unit.
- A natural role model, coach, trainer and mentor.
Day to day:
- Collaborate with the CEO to establish and execute the business development plan for the market.
- Own the sales strategy for the market, continuously improving it and measuring performance with respect to results, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Source relevant construction loan opportunities and referral partnerships.
- Strong understanding and ability to mentor team on construction loan dynamics, navigating lending programs, and, most importantly, sales strategies.
- Leverage existing industry relationships (sponsors, lenders, sales brokers)
- Analyze complex business loan requests, evaluate financial capacity and underwrite loans to identify strengths/weaknesses, recommend pricing, terms, risk grades, and controls.
- Evaluate liquidation value of collateral, specify sources of repayment, assess industry, business and management risks, etc.
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Potential
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital contributes $125 dollars per month into an employee HRA
- 401(k) match
Builders Capital and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.