Careers: Loan Officer
Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be a builders most valued relationship. Our creative loan products and rates, agile in-house servicing team, and innovative technology help set us apart from others. Builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender, our financing for acquisition, development, and construction funds quality housing in a market facing a 5 million home deficit.
In 2021 we originated over $2.2 Billion dollars in construction loans, to say we’re rapidly growing would be an understatement, we’re looking for Loan Officers to add to the team.
- Uncapped commission
- First year income potential of $120k-$220k, with top performers earning far more than 250k
- Top notch training provided by our Founder and Chairman – Curt Altig
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Paid Holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital contributes $125 dollars per month into an employee HRA
- 401K / Profit Sharing
- Previous solution selling sales experience with an emphasis on solving customer problems. The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented a consultative sales process around customer needs with business owners (or senior management) in previous roles.
- Effective sales and marketing skills, including ability to generate new business through networking, referral partners, cold calling, and other referral sources
- Ability to deal honestly and ethically with clients, employees, and business partners to achieve desired goals
- An “over achiever” with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service/experience
- Previous work experience as a Loan Officer or Private Lender would be beneficial.
In this role you will:
- Primary job function of the Loan Officer is to drive sales by originating: Vertical construction loans, All-in-One (combination development/horizontal and vertical construction) loans, Bridge loans, and Fix & Flip loans.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with builders, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, real estate agents, and investors to continue to expand Builders’ footprint and brand. Our goal is to create long-term customer partnerships where we “wash, rinse, repeat” new transactions with existing customers.
- Develop and maintain client database to enable effective use of a CRM
- Provide consultation and sound advice on loan structure and expectations while qualifying borrowers
- Price loans, collect documentation, follow up with client and transactions through closing and own the client experience to ensure expectations are met and customers are customers for life!
- Develop and maintain a personal business plan which includes all aspects of loan originations from customer service, maintaining and building relationships, networking, marketing/prospecting, and delivering agreed upon origination goals
- Effectively lead transactions by communicating with all team members and interested parties
- Forecast territory sales results for senior leadership.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Builders Capital and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.