Careers: Staff Accountant
Apply here for the Staff Accountant role! Our Recruiting Manager will get back to you within 48 hours.
Builders Capital is looking for a highly motivated and proactive Staff Accountant that has an eye for detail to join our team. Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders and developers across the country, and we are on track to loan out over 1.5 billion (yes, billion) dollars in 2021.
Our willingness to think creatively with loan terms, aggressive rates, agile in-house servicing team, speed to fund, and technology help set us apart from others. Builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender. Our loans help to create quality housing within communities. We strive to be The Builder’s Most Valued Relationship.
In this role you will be responsible for daily cash management and transaction processing, maintaining accounting records and reports, performing account reconciliations, and assisting with close processes. You will also be assisting the Accounting Manager and Controller as needed for general reporting and special projects as they arise.
Day to day:
- Perform daily transaction processing – including AP, loan receivable and GL entries.
- Be responsible for cash management tracking and reconciliation.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned.
- Perform month end closing review and processing of journal entries.
- Review assigned general ledger accounts for propriety and reasonableness, identify, research and correct account discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Work on special projects and analysis as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business or equivalent training / experience in accounting.
- 2+ years’ experience in General Ledger Accounting, preferably in the lending, banking, or real estate industries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive wage.
- Bonus potential.
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays.
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums.
- Health reimbursement account (HRA) – Builders Capital puts $125 dollars a month into an HRA account for employee.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.